I'm Stephanie and i love films, here i will post spoiler-free reviews!

Saturday 27 April 2013

My Favourite Thing About Summer:



https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/547229_10152721521785328_162736575_n.jpg

                                                                CAR BOOT SALES! :)


I got all of these incredible DVDs (and the book) for £11!!!!! Bringing my DVD collection tantalizingly close to an even 300 (5 more to go).

Controversial but i didn't love Inception when i saw it in the cinema, which was massively disappointing as Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Leonardo Dicaprio are two of my favourite actors and i have loved every single film of theirs; you'd have thought the combination of two fave actors in the same film would have been heavenly but something about it just didn't really work.

I think the biggest factor as to why i didn't like it is because i think it is painstakingly obvious that the dradel was going to fall over at the end - in the dreams it didn't even wobble.

I wasn't a fan of The Prestige either for similar reasons - it was made out that 'the twist' was some huge, shocking reveal but i had kind of assumed what turned out to be the twist to be what was happening as fact about an hour earlier in the film. Also i like magic and this was more sci-fi...

I don't know, they are both films that tried too hard to be clever and i think it's actually kind of patronizing to the audience as both so called 'twists' or 'cliffhangers' were glaringly obvious. To me anyways.

I bought Inception as i had been meaning to give it another chance because i really do want to like it and for £1 i couldn't really go wrong, i bought The Prestige for my sister because she loves the film for some reason.

Anyways this is all stuff for another blog post, all i wanted to say is that car boot sales are awesome.

Stay tuned for more things film and follow me on Twitter if you fancy it :)

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave your comments below!